Price To Stay In Bora Bora

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TerryTat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I Posted A Question As To Where Would Be The Nicest Most Romantic Place To Go On A Honeymoon For A Diving Couple. After Much Thought.. We Have Decided On Bora Bora. Of Course We Want To Splurge On The Over The Water Bungalow's. I Also Here That It Is A Good Idea To Split Up The Trip By Staying On The Island In Your Own Private Bungalows With Plung Pools Etc;

My Question Is How Much Can I Expect To Spend On A Trip Like This Flying From Southern California? Any Ideas?

Thanks, Terry

Hi Terry -

Congratulations on your wedding and for deciding to choose Bora Bora as your HM destination!

My husband and I spent 2 weeks in Bora Bora for our HM this past June and loved every moment of it. This is one destination we took that definitely did not disappoint. The word paradise does not even begin to describe how beautiful the island is nor her people. We met several locals who we have kept in touch with by email...people who just wanted to share their lives with us..to the point that one person invited us to her home and drove us around the island to see her village etc...others we met at the hotel bar for drinks for a few nights...it was just great.

You can contact our travel agent by email: Janelle Graustein [easyescapestraveljanelle@yahoo.com] . She is a very good resource for Bora Bora as she went there for her own honeymoon and has returned every year since. She actually specializes in trips to Tahiti and her Islands. She's helped a few friends with gathering information for their own honeymoon and she is very ready to help if you have any general inquiries.

The expense of the HM will mostly involve the accommodations you are looking for - OWB / fares / villas, etc. We planned on staying at Hotel Bora Bora for the 1st week and then at the Intercontinental Thalasso for the 2nd week. Choose your accommodations wisely...we learned that we loved the feel of a small hotel with old world tropical charm versus state of the art new hotel. When we transferred hotels, we ended up staying at the Thalasso for one night and returned quickly to HBB (luckily they had a bungalow available since another couple we met on the trip called a day after we returned only to learn they were sold out). HBB was a much smaller hotel with much more personalized service - we were at a first name basis with everyone at the hotel which was nice. To top it all off...great snorkelling right outside your bungalow. When you stay outside of the main island, there is not much snorkelling right off the hotels since you're on a finer sandy beach area with little marine / coral life. The glass coffee tables at the Thalasso were great, but with no marine life to watch - what's the use?

Anyway - another great resource would be to pick up Jan Prince's travel guide to Tahiti. We purchased several travel guides on the area and by far this was the most helpful and most informative - you can forgo purchasing lonely planet etc.

One last thing to remember is to budget for your meals / activities. Prices are similar to NYC / So Cal prices as far as foods and necessities.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have on activities and the sort as well.

Congratulations and Enjoy your HM!

Paula

My fiance and I just decided on the Tahitian islands for our honeymoon next august. We have been looking at packages that would take us to 2 islands during the course of the trip. Our question is, which 2? Any recommendations or experiences is greatly appreciated.

As stated by babukins, Congrats Terry! :)

My wife and I spent our 20th anniversary in French Polynesia this past June. We chose to stay on two islands as well. We chose Rangiroa and Bora Bora and loved every minute. Rangiroa had lots of shark action and most of the diving is based on the tides going through Tiputa pass and Avatoru.

Bora Bora is simply paradise, both above ground and underwater. Regardless of what other island you pick, definitely stay on Bora Bora for some of your honeymoon.

debersole:
My wife and I spent our 20th anniversary in French Polynesia this past June. We chose to stay on two islands as well. We chose Rangiroa and Bora Bora and loved every minute. Rangiroa had lots of shark action and most of the diving is based on the tides going through Tiputa pass and Avatoru.

Bora Bora is simply paradise, both above ground and underwater. Regardless of what other island you pick, definitely stay on Bora Bora for some of your honeymoon.

Definitely sounds right up our alley :) Thanks!

Terry-Some great advise already given... We stayed on Island at the Pearl Beach and got a OWB in Moorea (last leg)

No one has answered your specific ? Im guessing, but all said and done air,diving,activities,food,hotel,etc probably about 8-10 grand..

Drewpy:
Terry-Some great advise already given... We stayed on Island at the Pearl Beach and got a OWB in Moorea (last leg)

No one has answered your specific ? Im guessing, but all said and done air,diving,activities,food,hotel,etc probably about 8-10 grand..

"Trip-n-tour" lists the Pearl Resort on Bora Bora at $1403. for 5 nights accomodations and 3 dive days w/airport transfers. So figure maybe $150 for (2?) food per day and your air.....put two of the 5 day trips together...don't forget airfare. About 4K without airfare for 5nts.

I know there are package deals, but their published rates on their website list a premium overwater bungalow at $780.00 a day...
I went about six years ago and thats what I spent for two weeks?
EVERYTHING is rather expensive there!
It is a fantastic place,and worth it!

Have a great time Terry and Congratulations!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom