Price on Zeagle F8 first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I saw that the MSRP on the F8 first stage is $617, wow, am I missing something? Seems frighteningly expensive, save exotic titanium regs and some Poseidon (?) this must be one of the most expensive first stages currently on the market. Cheers.

Simon, the $617 price is for the first and second stages. The first stage is $454 at Leisure Pro.

Nice to see you too. I don't think there is anything special about the F8. It is just Zeagle's flagship regulator so they charge more more it. The second stage was supposed to be redesigned with input from Atomic. Scuba.com had a demo reg on sale for under $400 but it is gone now.

Yes, I read that the second stage now shares Atomics seat saver.
Yes, this is true.
I have two of the Atomic re-designed 2nd stages, 1 primary, 1 backup. I was able to replace the primary exhaust tee with one of my Zeagle exhaust tees for better bubble dispersion.

I got them for $100.00 each from DGX clearance.

Yes, this is true.
I have two of the Atomic re-designed 2nd stages, 1 primary, 1 backup. I was able to replace the primary exhaust tee with one of my Zeagle exhaust tees for better bubble dispersion.

I got them for $100.00 each from DGX clearance.

Good score on the price. How do you rate them?

Not really qualified to rate...... but here's the evolution of second stages preference:

PRIMARY ............................ SECOND/BACKUP
1.Zeagle ............................... Zeagle

2. Zeagle................................ HOG

3.AtomicZeagle ..................... Atomic Zeagle

4.Zeagle............................... Atomic Zeagle

5. Atomic Zeagle with old Zeagle exhaust Tee................ Atomic Zeagle

I think the A/Z breathes better, and, with the old Z exhaust T the bubbles aren't bugging me (my face is mostly perpendicular to the surface). I like all three regulators. I hate bubbles in my face.

I like the compactness of the A/Z and the fatter tuning knob and venturi control.

I hope this makes sense....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom