Price for "New" Apex TX50/TX40/DST

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StSomewhere

Contributor
Reaction score
Iowa, diving capital of... uh... well... uh... nev
What would be the going LDS rate for an *NEW* (dust gathering) Apex TX50 w/ TX40 octo on a Yoke-type DST first stage?

Note: These would be the TX regs, *not* the newer ATX with the patented new "bubble view" exhaust ports. The 1st stage would be the much-maligned DST with 4 swivel low pressure ports and two fixed HP ports, not the DIR-approved DS4 w/ DIN and one HP port.

Also looking to find out when these became Nitrox compatible (is this by serial number or ???).

I can't seem to find a US$ MSRP price list for Apex regs anywhere, or for that matter one for Aqualung. (sigh)

Well, firstly the TX regs are not any different in price than the ATX (at least in Canada). Next the DS4 is an equivalent option for the DST (You can take your pick of either for the same price when ordering). Finally, first and second will reun you about $550-600 CDN + about $200-250 for the octo. Maybe consider canadian purchase with the exchange. Because I had nothing better to do, I worked it out based on todays exchange for you. $600 + $250 = $850 CDN = $704 USD Again this is on the expensive side.

Oh yes, as for nitrox, IMO they have always been nitrox compatable to 40%. Everyone just jumped on the band wagon after the first guys figured it out. So the way I figure the new ones are guaranteed, and the older ones have been serviced so they will also be.

Thanks again, I finally went with the TX50/TX40/DST combo w/ K (yoke) valve from my LDS for normal and vacation diving. Can't wait to get it in the water! I may get the DIN fitting at a later point when I get my own steel tanks.

One specific thing I like about the TX second stages (vs. the ATX versions) is the flexible, wide exhaust ports. Nice to have on the primary though probably not necessary on the backup, esp. if I ever move to the long hose + bungied backup.

For those who have the TX regs, are these exhaust unit parts interchangable between an ATX and a TX or am I missing something? Or is this something I shouldn't worry about?

StSomewhere:
For those who have the TX regs, are these exhaust unit parts interchangable between an ATX and a TX or am I missing something? Or is this something I shouldn't worry about?
The ATX second stage housing is a completely different construction from the TX. As advertised, it is 25% smaller, ao no the TX exhaust would not be interchangeable with the ATX they are not near the same fit.
Take a look:
http://www.apeks.co.uk/products/product_cats_results.asp?Product=ATX50&Category=Regulators
http://www.apeks.co.uk/products/product_cats_results.asp?Product=TX50&Category=Regulators

Back
Top Bottom