Price Check on older reg and console please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hey, all, new to the board and have an opportunity on something. Wanted to get your input since I have lurked for a long time, and am currently putting together a setup, so finally decided to join. I respect your opinions and look forward to future discussions. Regardless, here is what it is.

Sherwood Maximus Regulator with Sherwood Minimus -- Octo and Suunto Console with Sunnto Companion Dive Computer. Tilos soft travel case included. $200

I know that especially the console/computer are old, and the reg had a recall at one time. I will be having everything serviced by my dive instructor/LDS regardless of the condition when I see it on Thursday. The console itself has an analog pressure gauge and a compass, with a spot for the computer to go in the middle. Reg and octo seem to be in good shape from the pics, but pics can be deceiving. I think it's a little high, say by about 50 bucks, based on the used ads I have seen around. So, what do you think? Steer clear or take the dive?

What year is the Sherwood reg set? That could make a big difference for some people.
Either way they all take the same parts kits. Although the newer ones of this decade are lighter and smaller.

The Suunto Companion is not a user replaceable battery. So once it runs out you would have to send it in for service, but Suunto no longer supports the Companion for battery replacement, because it's a very old model of theirs.
Considering the age of the Companion, I'm assuming the reg set is paired in equivalent age.
So I think that price is a bit high, considering you don't know when the computer is going out.

My university program was donated a Sherwood Magnum set with a Suunto Companion; era late 90's. We're selling it to students for $100. So, your ballpark of $150 sounds more reasonable IMO.

Picked up two sets Scubapro mk25 / G250's recentlly with old Oceanic console Versa. They were asking $150 a set (got em for about $125 ea, after I picked up his old BCD too). Real nice shape and originally from my LDS.

I watched craigslist for about 6 months however.

Bob in CO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom