Pretty good visibility for Maine, USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Armycopter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
GoPro Black with a red lens. I'm a complete amateur with it. Used iMovie for editing.

Thanks for looking!

[video=youtube_share;M2nI6XWq2hI]http://youtu.be/M2nI6XWq2hI[/video]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cool video!

Sea raven

I think.. the bright yellow ones are really cool.

Yup. Impressive. What kind of vis do you normally get in that area? Correct me of I am wrong but I am estimating vis in this video to be 30ft?

Nice video, that's crazy that that's above the norm viz... I guess I'm spoiled here in Florida!
I've never seen crabs or lobsters just taking a stroll here though, they are usually under a rock

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yup. Impressive. What kind of vis do you normally get in that area? Correct me of I am wrong but I am estimating vis in this video to be 30ft?

Hi, yeah vis was in the 20-30 foot range that day but often we have 5-8 feet!

---------- Post added August 22nd, 2013 at 10:05 PM ----------

Nice video, that's crazy that that's above the norm viz... I guess I'm spoiled here in Florida!
I've never seen crabs or lobsters just taking a stroll here though, they are usually under a rock

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Lobsters are everywhere here in Maine. You find them walking around in the open, under rocks, and in little holes they dig. They are super easy to catch but Maine does not allow divers to harvest lobster of any size in any season.

You asked "What is this,"and a 8:29 and 8:39 in your video you can see a "Lewis Moon Snail," which made the circular egg casing you were asking for identification on. They are commonly seen in Puget Sound, Washington. Nice vid and very decent viz!

Back
Top Bottom