Pressure testing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I pull 29.9in/hg on the camera then there is 1atmosphere or 14.696psi of pressure pushing on the outside of the of the camera. I know that atmospere and psi are not valid vacuum measurements but I measure vacuum in in/hg. My guage measures in in/hg and it takes 29.9in/hg to simulate 1ata or 14.696psi on the camera. My vacuum pump will only pull 32in/hg vacuum there for I can only pull enough vacuum to simulate 1ata or 14.696psi. I don't know any other way to say it.

jetski781:
If I pull 29.9in/hg on the camera then there is 1atmosphere or 14.696psi of pressure pushing on the outside of the of the camera. I know that atmospere and psi are not valid vacuum measurements but I measure vacuum in in/hg. My guage measures in in/hg and it takes 29.9in/hg to simulate 1ata or 14.696psi on the camera. My vacuum pump will only pull 32in/hg vacuum there for I can only pull enough vacuum to simulate 1ata or 14.696psi. I don't know any other way to say it.

I see, you are measuring the outside pressure of your camera. With this method of pumping the camera out from within you will need a gauge like this:

You will also need a valve to close off the vacuum pump and watch the gauge to see if it leaks back to zero. When you are evacuating the camera, via your vacuum pump, the needle on the gauge turns counter clockwise from zero, towards 30 in/hg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom