Pressure Gauge and Double Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

victor

Contributor
Reaction score
Do any double hose regulators have a HP port for a preasure guage?

I use a banjo fitting with my newly acquired RAM.
Phoenix nozzle has an HP port.

New version of Mistral does have the regular first stage (Titan?) which has the HP port.

The Mossback Mk3 1st stage multi port body also has a high pressure port and 4 low pressure ports.......it is a direct replacement for the original 1st stage body for the RAM and DA

The Voit Trieste had HP port as did Sportsways Dual Air. The Nemrod Snark of later vintage (made up to 1998) had them. Some of the French Spirotechnique Royal Mistral did also. However the ports on this reg were mostly metric thread. Most vintage divers who use an SPG do it with a Banjo as stated above. However, the reg has to be fitted with what is called a long yoke. The Phoenix is the way to go. Check out banjos, Phoenix, long yokes and nice rebuilt double hose regs on Vintage Double Hose

There are J and K valves that have a HP port. It is a 3/8" fitting so you need to get a hose from Trident.

Yes, you wind up using a hose/gauge on each tank or you have to swap hoses and port plugs.

Richard

Do any double hose regulators have a HP port for a preasure guage?

I just bought a oldmossback MK3 for my DA. It's got 4 LP and 1 Hp. The Ports are oriented nicely and the unit breaths exceptionally well. Plus it is only 1/8" deeper than a stock DA or RAM and will fit down low on a BC even with a Conshelf DIN adapter. I have had time to write up a full review yet but as they say in the islands "Soon come mon".

What they said if you want a vintage reg. The "new" Mistral that AL put out a few years ago also had HP and LP ports but if you want a DH reg with a HP port, go with a Phoenix or MK3. The new Mistral was poorly designed and pretty much universally disliked.

The descendent of the Sportsways Duel Air was the Sportsways Hydro-Twin. It was a balanced first stage and downstream second stage, with one HP and one LP port.

I haven't heard others talk about the possibility of using a second regulator, set up on one of the twin manifolds with a twin outlet (such as the Sherwood). This allows use to use any double hose regulator, and put a single hose regulator with these LP and HP ports for the guages and inflator hoses. Here's a photo of this setup:
(to be coming when I get home.)

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom