President Trump Pulls U.S. Out of the Paris Climate Accord

Do you think President Trump made the right choice?

• Yes

Votes: 49 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 46 48.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tomorrow the family must eat, etc., but will your children's children have anything left to eat if we let ourselves be paralyzed by so many unknowns and end up destroying the planet?

Short but good overall explanation on this highly politicized topic:

Well, the origin of the video is a bit suspect, isn't it :)

Prager University (often stylized as PragerU) is a 501(c)3 non-profit conservative digital media organization. It was founded in 2011 by nationally syndicated talk show host Dennis Prager, and radio producer and screenwriter Allen Estrin. [1] Prager created the website to share conservative perspectives on a wide variety of issues.[2] PragerU is not an accredited academic institution.

Tomorrow the family must eat, etc., but will your children's children have anything left to eat if we let ourselves be paralyzed by so many unknowns and end up destroying the planet?

Another couple of great unkowns. Kind of brings me back to my original feeling on this; how much hardship must some of us endure now for a future full of unkowns.

Drive a small car, pollute as little as possible, recycle, be a responsible consumer. Do what you can as an individual. But to start putting financial levers in the hands of a global bureaucracy full of people with chauffeurs and mansions, and with as much self-interest and fallability as you or I deserves serious scrutiny.

Another couple of points that cause me pause on this whole thing are the tone, and what's missing.

The tone has appeared on occasion to be not one of sacrifice, but of punishment. That rich countries, as full as they are with poor people themselves, must now pay for their apparent past environmental transgressions the poor countries, as full of corruption and filthy rich despots and kings as they are; a massive wealth transfer that will assuredly pass through many dirty hands to yield results that are, well, unkown.

What is missing, in my opinon, is two-pronged. The root of it all is population, and what seems to me to be a more credible threat than a change in climate, overpopulation. Until this is adressed with the same energy and fervour as climate change, the point is being missed. The second, and associated. problem is what I see as an outdated and destructive economic model; the growth model. That economies must grow. This model it should be clear now leads to a dead end in a finite space.

So all in all, I see the issue as economic hardship surely now, or environmental hardship possibly later.

The poll results show a very clear split of opinion.

Last edited:

Prager University (often stylized as PragerU) is a 501(c)3 non-profit conservative digital media organization. It was founded in 2011 by nationally syndicated talk show host Dennis Prager, and radio producer and screenwriter Allen Estrin. [1] Prager created the website to share conservative perspectives on a wide variety of issues.[2] PragerU is not an accredited academic institution.

To many Liberals, "Conservative" is a dirty word.

It must be reminded that the converse is also true.

There is no moral high ground.

Only diversity of philosophies.

Prager University (often stylized as PragerU) is a 501(c)3 non-profit conservative digital media organization. ....

So, do you have any critique of the content of that first video and MIT Professor Dr. Lindzen? What about the second one, do you have any critique of the second video or it's content or Dr. Frank?

I find it interesting you felt it necessary to attack the credibility of the first video when it made quite benign claims; simply put that climate change, the real science of it, has been hijacked by special interest and politics, a very innocuous and non-controversial claim.

Do you typically just look for minute reasons to convince yourself it's ok to ignore/discount sources when you don't agree with what they present?

Last edited:

Attachments

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4fJ8l94PgUIUAP7ku75OrVpZ_5qCtau0JRK61ad4h9vywcEM6UA.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4fJ8l94PgUIUAP7ku75OrVpZ_5qCtau0JRK61ad4h9vywcEM6UA.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 65
"Conservative university" is. Read a history book.
For those that remember the series Doby GIllis. Maynard G Krebs had bad reactions to the word WORK

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom