Preserving Some Memories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buadhai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I've been diving for decades but have never bothered with a camera. They always seemed so bulky and unwieldy. That view was somewhat confirmed on a recent live aboard trip by a three person crew from Sea & Sea that was testing a dozen or so high end cameras and housings. Way too many buttons for me.

However, after seeing some of the nice snapshots taken by fellow divers on that same live aboard trip I'm having second thoughts.

I'm not interested in taking great photos, but in preserving some memories. (My avatar photo is the sort of thing I have in mind.)

I've read this article, Best Underwater Point & Shoot Cameras for 2010, which was well written and informative.

I have a couple of spare Canon A1000/A1100 digital point-and-shoot cameras and was wondering if the Ikelite housing for that series of cameras would be a good fit for me; at least to start out with. It would involve a minimum investment and make use of some equipment that I already have.

Thoughts either way are appreciated.

TIA

It will work. You can use the internal flash of your camera to get some colour into your shots.

Good enough for memories.

Working out just fine…

Not great photos, but good enough for snapshots to help with the memories.

Attachments

• eel.jpg
    eel.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 21
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom