Presents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband and I received a Christmas gift from his parents. It was EXTREMELY heavy but the box wasn't really all that big. We unwrap it, no clue to its contents on the outside of the cardboard box. We open the cardboard box and take out this black metal thing, still no clue what the heck it is. There are no markings and no instructions or other paperwork in the box. His dad is sitting there smiling, obviously pleased with the gift, we finally had to ask what it was. "It's the hydraulic lift for your John Deere Gator" (Like we would have figured THAT out :wink: ) Great gift though, no more hand lifting the dump bed when it was loaded WOOO HOOO! Came in really handy when we were moving gravel :biggrin:
Ber :lilbunny:

One year, one of my ex'es Christmas presents for me consisted solely of a six-pack of Cherry Coke which had just been introduced. Emphasis on "ex". After I unwrapped it and kinda puzzled at it wondering what was next...well, there was no next.
Her explanation was that she was no good at picking out gifts. One of my presents for her that year was a trip to Bangkok and Hong Kong, and she was making more money than me then.

Missdirected:
To kinda sorta go along with Jamdivers thread. What is the most strange, odd, horrible, nicest, etc., etc., holiday gift you have ever received? Also, are you a culprit of re-gifting, lol?! All in fun.:D:present: :present:
A $100 gift certificate to Godiva's Chocolates. I'm diabetic. :death2:

I sold it on eBay.

Several years back when I bought my first house, my Grandfather who I am very close to, came over to see the new digs. He had a package wrapped up, which was obviously a picture due to it's shape. This thing was proffessionally wrapped up like it was the Mona Lisa. Awesome! I needed some artwork. So, I open it up in front of the family and it's this picture of a nude "person". You can't really tell if it's a man or really ugly woman, huge belly, etc. It was obviously done in some sort of twisted amature art class. Everyone acted serious, so I smiled and thanked him graciously. When everyone started busting a gut, he told me he paid 25 cents for it at a garage sale. I told him he got ripped off. She now hangs proudly over my gunsmithing bench in my basement for one & all to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom