Preparing new gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seabear70:
How do you attach them?

Very Carefully.

You bought a dry suit for your first exposure suit???

Talk about jumping in with both feet. Anyone else ever seen one blow out?

I have dived in Norway with dry suit for 2 years, in Trondheim where I studied you got a boat trip every tuesday and sunday with all equipment for 150,- NOK that's about $20. And as a student I could'nt afford to buy me my own dry suit. But now I work full time and have at last saved enough to buy my own gear. Diving without dry suit up north in Norway is like lying on the north pole tanning yourself.... :wink:

Herpel:
That was just what I was thinking about, a small adjustable wrench, don't you call that a monkey wrench? .

Well, according to my dictionary, monkey wrench seems to be a correct term. But most call it an adjustable or crescent wrench. I thought a monkey wrench was a pipe wrench which has teeth that grab a pipe and would likely damage a nut.

A trip to the dive shop is probably a good idea as you will also need a little lubricant for those o-ring before you install them.

Herpel:
I have dived in Norway with dry suit for 2 years, in Trondheim where I studied you got a boat trip every tuesday and sunday with all equipment for 150,- NOK that's about $20. And as a student I could'nt afford to buy me my own dry suit. But now I work full time and have at last saved enough to buy my own gear. Diving without dry suit up north in Norway is like lying on the north pole tanning yourself.... :wink:

Ok, I just had nightmares of a novice diver suddenly turning into a marker bouy.

You've been divingthat long nd no one's shown you how to swap out a regulator?

Seabear70:
You've been divingthat long nd no one's shown you how to swap out a regulator?

The shop we dived with did all the service on the equipment themselves, we just helped out with with the rinsing, drying and storing. The equipment was always shiny and bright when we came in for the divetrips, so there was never need of replacing anything. A pity I never gotten the chance to help out and learn about that, but now is the time when I have my own gear to look after. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom