Pregnant and Dolphins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like scubamanbo said, there is always next year. :)

Michael

Amberjack:
Uh. That's a tough question. I'm in my fifteenth week right now, and it hasn't it home yet! I'll let you know if/when it does.

Congratz to you!

My wife and I just went on our honey moon to Niagara Falls and Toronto. I noticed your profile says you live there. Maybe we all can meet up there again in 1 year and 9 months. :wink: (We are planning to go here again when the baby is 1. :))

Michael

I had a personal dolphin experience when I was 8 months pregnant....

Ok... kind of a long story, and I apologize for the length, but this was my amazing dolphin experience...

My husband and I, along with my sister, mom and dad (all divers) were vacationing in Key West, FL. I was stuck snorkeling because I was nearly 8 months pregnant... (for the record... we planned the trip, and I found out 3 weeks later I was pregnant! No diving in KW for me!)

We were at a dive site (wreck), and everyone else was diving, and I snorkeled above them. Between my "crew" and I was a HUGE school of barracuda... I would have to estimate well over 100 cuda. That was cool... and I had a couple of cuda that was hanging close... keeping that constantly perfect distance between me and them... funny how they do that! Suddenly, I felt a "stern" bump to my thigh... definitely got my attention, but didn't "hurt". I turned, but didn't see anything... and then my mind was turning... I was trying to figure out what "hit" me! I continued to snorkel... as I really didn't think it was a cuda. I figured a cuda would just plain bite me, and not bother with "bumping". About 3-4 minutes went by and the same thing happened again! Another stern bump on my thigh... and I turned and again... saw nothing. Well... I figured that I'd head back to the boat, as the current was strong, and swimming was tough, and against the current. As I got back to the boat, I sat on the little platform...you know, the one you stride off of... and as I was sitting there, legs dangling in the water, 3 dolphins came jumping by... so close, I could have straightened my legs and touched them with my feet.... but I didn't touch. I was in such awe, that I immediately jumped back into the water, and freedove with them! It was truly amazing! They were squeeking and clicking and curious... and soon swam off. The experience only lasted about 3 minutes once I "returned to the water" with them.... but it was still 3 minutes of an amazing experience.

When I returned to the boat, the captain mentioned that he'd been captaining for 20 something years, and had never seen dolphins THAT close to the boat... when it was tied off. He said it must be because I was pregnant. I'm convinced that the dolphins are what was "bumping" me.... maybe to warn me about the barracuda (?), or maybe to say, "you're different".... sensing the fetal heartbeat. I'll never know. But what I do know is that they had no interest in the divers that were below on the wreck. They were only interested in me. Cool huh!

mwhities:
Congratz to you!

My wife and I just went on our honey moon to Niagara Falls and Toronto. I noticed your profile says you live there. Maybe we all can meet up there again in 1 year and 9 months. :wink: (We are planning to go here again when the baby is 1. :))

Michael

Thanks for the congrats! Sure - we can compare sleeplessness and poo, which is what I understand parenting is all about :wink:

pregnancy is a great experience.....wait until you feel the baby move for the first time...it's truely amazing as you get bigger you can actually see your belly shift...I wish both of you congrats and hope you have easy healthy pregnancies/deliveries. Don't worry about the sleepless nights and not so nice diaper changes they go with the territory.......

Amberjack:
Thanks for the congrats! Sure - we can compare sleeplessness and poo, which is what I understand parenting is all about :wink:

That will be great. Both of us at the computer reading ScubaBoard! What fun! :p

Can't wait though. :)

Michael

mels_2:
pregnancy is a great experience.....wait until you feel the baby move for the first time...it's truely amazing as you get bigger you can actually see your belly shift...I wish both of you congrats and hope you have easy healthy pregnancies/deliveries. Don't worry about the sleepless nights and not so nice diaper changes they go with the territory.......

That is what everyone is telling me. My brother-in-law said that he sobbed big time when he first heard the heart beat. I'm nervous about everything. Jeshh.

Thank you for the wishes, I greatly appreciate it.

Michael

hehe I'll try not to be so nervous. I'm usually good at taking things in stride. :)

We just bought a new car. Mazda Tribute.... Baby car! (and the wife said I could use it for scuba trips too!)

Michael

Back
Top Bottom