Predator - Clear log function.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

njmorrell

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Since the 'Clear log' function was removed in V.46 the 'Upload Dives' seems to be taking longer and longer on my Predator. Is this because of the number of dives on the Predator that has to be uploaded every time?

Rgds Nick.

No.

The amount of data downloaded is constant whether it contains dives or not.

The quality of the Bluetooth connection will affect download time. Usually, better connections are achieved with less distance between the Predator and the Bluetooth transceiver.

Bruce

Bruce

i just got a used Predator for a backup and it is v46. How can I remove all the dive logs so I can start from scratch. It no long has the clear log with the rev.

Flash it with v42, clear the logs, and then reflash with the most current firmware.

Flash it with v42, clear the logs, and then reflash with the most current firmware.

I had thought about that but was afraid of turning into a boat anchor. Most electronics do not like going backwards with their firmware.

Have anyone had a problem doing this?

A clean flash should go in any direction- the device does not know what it used to be running . . . forward, backward, reload . . .it's all the same.

- Tim

I did it when my used Predator arrived. No issues during or since flashing.

Ok. Thanks. I will try it tonight. Thanks for the insight. :)

---------- Post added March 19th, 2013 at 08:25 PM ----------

Thanks for the help. It worked and I am ready for Fridays dives.....

OK so since upgrading to V.46 I have added about 50 more dives. The problem I have is that when I am not tech. diving I teach Open Water classes and end up with quite a few very short dives (1 or 2 mins) when I am setting or retrieving an ascent line. After a download I delete all these dives on my PC log. However they all re-appear after a new download because I can't delete them anymore from the computer.

I suggest either ignoring them from future downloads in the PC log program if they have been previously deleted or restoring the delete log function which was removed in V.46.

I personally would like to have this function restored as I too am an instructor and can't clear short training dives..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom