Prebook our dive package or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi

Thanks for all your replies! I am planning on diving with Deep Blue as I have heard good reports about them.

What is the weather and diving like in November anyway? I plan on diving for 10 days, but maybe I should just book 5 days upfront just in case the weather is bad.

me and my dive buddies always book when we get to Coz. If you book and pay ahead of time and have a problem, you can kiss your money goodbye. It's better to book the night before. At least you can get an idea of the dive sites available.

Good Luck

So I wonder if I made a mistake. I booked a hotel/dive package, and just paid for the whole thing with my CC. I guess I though that was the way to do it.

I have never prebooked a dive on Cozumel, and I go there at least once a year for a couple of weeks. I have never wanted to go diving and couldn't because I didn't prebook.

Only once did I get unwillingly stuck on a cattle boat, and it was because my schedule dictated that I do my night dive on Sunday, and not many operators offer that. Prebooking wouldn't have helped, but better scheduling on my part would have.

I also never pay for anything until I'm there.

As always, YMMV.

Just went to Cozumel in July. We pre-booked with Papa Hoggs, but did not pay anything till we arrived. We also found it was better to pay with cash/travelers checks rather than CC when we got there as there is usually an upcharge to using a CC. (Did the same with our hotel and saved as well.)

Don't worry about the financial arrangement with Dive With Martin. I have used them and they are reputable. If they are expecting you , I would call them upon arrival at your hotal and arrange a meeting time for your first day of diving. DWM is good, and fair (in my experience).

Have fun!!!

Jimi

If you're going any other time than Thanksgiving, you shouldn't have to pre-book. But, if you are going Thanksgiving week then I would HIGHLY recommend pre-booking because there will be tons of divers on the island. I will be there Thanksgiving week and haven't decided who I'm diving with yet. But it's almost a guarantee that certain dive shops will be filled up earlier than others, and that includes Deep Blue. I dove with them in June and pre-booked because I'm picky. Yes they did ask for 50% up front, but that was fine because it gave me more cash in Cozumel! And Matt, the co-owner of Deep Blue, is very flexible with add-ons or re-scheduling. He makes out the schedules every night after the shop closes so as long as he knows your plans by 9pm, you're fine.

Munkispank, who are you diving with and where are you staying?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom