pre trip housing maintenance question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AirintheOcean

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
recently upgraded from the TG6 housing to the Olympus em10 mark IV with the AOI housing and now the pre dive anxiety will begin. Although i have the vacuum seal check system with my housing, when the housing has been on the shelf for a few months do you do anything other then clean and lightly re-silicone the O rings?

I only flooded my TG6 housing once over 2 years and it was a clearly visible hair across my seal. Learned my lesson and now carefully check. Better to have events like this when the damage can be contained.

thanks for any advice or tips trick you might have!

You know when I silicone my Orings you can't see the silicone but I can feel it

recently upgraded from the TG6 housing to the Olympus em10 mark IV with the AOI housing and now the pre dive anxiety will begin. Although i have the vacuum seal check system with my housing, when the housing has been on the shelf for a few months do you do anything other then clean and lightly re-silicone the O rings?

I only flooded my TG6 housing once over 2 years and it was a clearly visible hair across my seal. Learned my lesson and now carefully check. Better to have events like this when the damage can be contained.

thanks for any advice or tips trick you might have!

If I was in your spot, I'd lube o rings, stuff the housing with napkins and test in a bathtub two times.

I remove the o-rings and clean the grooves then very lightly lube (Tribolube) the 0-rings and put them back on. Then I use anti-seize on all of the screws that hold the housing/tray together, particularly any stainless steel to aluminum. Clean all the ports, lube the port o-rings, lube the cap o-ring for the vacuum port etc.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom