<*}}))>< pre-invasion Roatan ... .. _[:]@

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
If you missed the scramble for the Roatan ScubaBoard Invasion,
here's yet another opportunity to hesitate and miss the dive boat.

Don't do that.

APRIL 2017 (8-15 and or 15-22) Full Moon pre-SB Invasion, beach landing d-day party

How about Roatan's no excuses, real deal Dive Resort, Coco View?

Not an "official" SB trip, just that I know most of my diving friends from SB connections, so I'm putting this out to you all. I am not going to soak up the one potential complimentary room ...if I book all of them, it will be given back as cash to "the kids" on Roatan.

You might have been offered 6 days of 3 dives? Coco View will get you 5+ each day. 4 boat dives two tanks, plus a night shore dive... or two. (or four or five, if you want to go out like I do every night at 8 pm)

I'm looking to do 27 dives in a given week stay. This is all about Nitrogen loading.

You might have been offered, by some definition, unlimited shore dives. The real-deal is at CCV, known for, by far and away, the single best shore dive on Roatan- dive it 24/7 and visit the 140' intact ship, the Prince Albert. (in 35 to 65 feet of water)

This shore-diver is in 35fsw:

This below image represents the stern 1/3 of the Prince Albert placed shore-dive wreck. The deck is in approximately 45fsw.

or the DC3 remnants as they were being placed for the shore-dive ...

Or the shrimper "Mr Bud" dive site placed by CCV in 65fsw...

We won't be going in June tropical storm season during the "dark of the Moon".

How about one or both weeks of the Full Moon in April 2017 ?
(full moon on April 11th)

041307l.jpg

Select from (per person, double occupancy)

April 8-15 (a total of FOUR available spaces)
$1414 Ocean View Room (#23) (Two Queen)
TSR (The Secret Room!) for $1464pp (1 King)

or
April 15-22 (a total of FOUR available spaces)
$1414 per person, double occupancy, Ocean View Room (#23 and #22) (Two Queen beds ea)

Airport Customs CCV Sherpa Service, do not touch your baggage (nor on the outbound trip)

3 meals a day

Everything very close to your room (with no 67 steps up and down each time to eat)

(No motor launch needed to get back to your room if you forgot something)

Different kind of boats, here's one in it's maximum load of divers...

(No day excursions to "Maya Key")

(No Dolphin "show") But, just like the SB Invasion, you can pay to dive/snorkel with AKR's Dolphins, or how about the Shark Dive? Sorry, but there are no cruise ship hotties spending the day ashore at CCV.

The price at the SB Roatan Invasion sounds great at $820 to $1200 each, but even after years of AKR offering that same deal, although I've been diving with AKR many times, I spend my weeks at Coco View. For a very few extra dollars, to me, it is way well worth the cost. Unfortunately, I cannot offer you SB Celebrities and hob-nobbing which is also highly recommended. Choices, choices.

I can indeed offer you Doc Radawski, part of the permanent exhibit in the Coco View Dinosaur Collection (as famous as Cousteau if but not for the publicity machine, GOOGLE him)...

The availability of nitrox for an extra fee, but due to the shallow profiles afforded by the South side, even at 27 dives a week, this is of arguable "need".

You are encouraged to bring school supplies, notebooks, Crayola Brand Crayons (they don't melt!) and anything else you can bring down for the kids.

Call Pam at 800 510-8164 ext 2 for reservations. Ask for Doc's Trip. She is working there 9-6 M-F and 9-12 Sat Eastern Time.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom