Pre '84 Y cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gypsyjim

I have an alibi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was just checking to see about helping my sister replace her lost YMCA Scuba Diver C' card, from '71. The YMCA Scuba web site says that they are unable to replace any cards from before '84, but I know a few years back they replaced my '70 C' card with no problem, when mine had become so damaged it was un readable.
Does anyone have any idea how she can go about replacing this lost card if the Y will no longer be providing this service to it's graduates? Is this going to become a big problem for all Y graduates in the future?
My sister is working on a new updated certification, but her old C' card has a lot of signifacance to her. It was not easy to earn and she feels cheated, not being able to get a new copy.

Has she been diving all this time? Has she taken any continue education classes?If she has been diving why not try the lds she goes to for service and equipment purchases and ask them if they can do something for her..If she has not been diving I would suggest enrolling in a ow course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom