Praise for Ikelite - great customer service!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rythmmaker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I wanted to share a wonderful experience I had with Ikelite - I bought a combo kit from my LDS early this past summer in preparation for my first trip to Bonaire. I was an ultra compact housing and a Nikon L22 sold together. Great price - a nice easy-to-use set-up, and a really decent point-and-shoot camera.

Late in the trip, on out 5th day diving, I was at Nukove and during the entry, got knocked off my feet by a wave and came down hard on a large chunk of broken coral. Or more accurately, sandwiched my new camera housing between my hip and a large piece of broken coral - resulting in a large and obvious crack in the housing.

I didn't discover the damage until after the dive, and fortunately the housing did not leak, but it was clearly compromised and I decided not to risk it again.

Every warranty I have ever seen has specific disclaimers about damage cause by accidents and misuse, and normally only covers defects in materials and/or workmanship, but I decided to send it back and see if it could be repaired and find out if it would cost less to repair it than to simply replace the housing.

Without getting any correspondence from the company, they sent me a completely repaired (or replaced - it looks completely brand new) housing and charged me ZERO, nada, nothing...

I called my dive shop to tell them that I sincerely appreciate the fact that they chose to recommend and carry a product from a company that has such a commitment to customer service.

I fully expected to have to pay - but am delighted that they simply took care of it for me. No questions asked.

You guys rock! :rockband:

I meant to put this thread in the photography forum - not video - my bad. Please move...

Back
Top Bottom