Power inflator octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceandvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I may have missed this information in a previous post (I didn't see anything when I searched the forum). Have any of you switched from a regular octo to a combination power inflator octo, like the Genesis Side-kick? I like the idea of streamlining and would like to hear your experiences. Thanks.

This has been discussed a ton. Try searching for AIR2 to start (even though that's not the specific one you're looking at.)

You're going to die :D. Just kidding, I use the AIR2. It did give my DM a scare on my last dive trip when I switched to my AIR2 for practice.

{:::~~~~~

dlndavid:
You're going to die :D. Just kidding, I use the AIR2. It did give my DM a scare on my last dive trip when I switched to my AIR2 for practice.

{:::~~~~~

Very funny! So, how do you like your AIR2? Glad that you switched?

I have had no problems with my AIR2, love it. But DrBill has been hit in the head twice with his, to where it drew blood. :D

I dove with one of these for years when I had a regulator with a shortage of ports. Modern regulators don't have this problem and there are simply better solutions available now.

The Air2 has outlived its purpose.

R..

Diver0001:
The Air2 has outlived its purpose.

R..
Good thing I use the AIR2 instead, it hasn't outlived its purpose yet. :D

dlndavid:
Good thing I use the AIR2 instead, it hasn't outlived its purpose yet. :D

Well....I'm not saying they're not fit for use. They work as advertised..... but I've tried a lot of different configurations over the years and I've just found that there are better ways to skin this cat.

I respect your opinion but to my way of thinking it's out of context in this day and age. 15 or 20 years ago these things offered a solution to a real problem. Today they're a solution to a problem that no longer exists. And I don't belive in solving problems that don't exist, especially when there are better options around to address the core issue.

That's not to say that using one is necessarily irresponsible or whatever.... just not optimal.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom