Powell River, BC questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pinguino

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey.. Just wondering if there's anyone on this board from Powell River that could PM me. I have a couple of questions, both dive and non-dive related that I cant find the answers to. Planning a BC Road trip an need to decide if PR is a destination we want to include as part of the trip..

Thanks

Jes
(Victoria BC)

Or just post your questions, quite a few people here have visited Powell River, not many actually live there. Also, others will be able to find the answers in the future.

totally worth it, check out the Mermaid statue in saltry bay (just by the ferry terminal) there's a nice campsite right at the dive site and a really nice dive, other notable dives site up that you can do up there is octopus city and the wreck of the malahat(spelling?)

Thanks.. I didnt want to flood the forums with a couple of nondive related questions but here goes..

I've gotten the answer to most of my dive related questions in regards to shore dives there since I will only be there for about 6 hours.. Thanks to those that assisted. I will be checking out the mermaid.

As far as non-dive related question goes.. I have one. Apparently according to some websites, Powell river is a hub for Maltese immigrants. When they came to Canada, the centered in Toronto and Powell River.. What I'm trying to determine is how much of a 'community' it is.. Is there any Maltese influence in the shops as all? In particular a Maltese Bakery. Thanks in advance.

Jes

I've never heard that before. I don't know for sure about a bakery, but I did find a 2006 census document that indicated only 30 people in Powell River spoke Maltese as their mother tongue. I wouldn't expect to see much if any sign of the Maltese community with a population that small.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom