Potential nightmare averted...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A friend of mine got a great deal on a used sea&sea camera package (35mil) with strobes etc.. She was all excited about getting it in the water and taking her first underwater pictures (she's a professional photographer & snorkeler) On her way to the beach with it I ran into her and she pulled it out to show me.

I took one look at it and noticed there was no O-ring in it. So I asked "did they send you an O-Ring with it?" "An O-What?" she replied... Now I'm no expert in UW photography (I don't even have a camera... lol ) but as far as I knew this is a badddd thing. Needless to say she was relieved that the camera had not been in the water yet and a little upset that they did not even tell her it would need one...

Of course I could be wrong... maybe some UW cameras don't need a sealing gasket ...
at least after they have been flooded a few times...

Aloha, Tim

me too ... she could have lost a perfectly good roll of film because of that :wink:

Wish you'd have been with me the first time I used the Nikonos and snapped a whole roll with the lens cap on....

That viewfinder kind of confused me, don'tcha know!

Maya:
Wish you'd have been with me the first time I used the Nikonos and snapped a whole roll with the lens cap on....

That viewfinder kind of confused me, don'tcha know!

See, that's why you have to love the view feature with digital cameras.

When I was shooting my 5060 for the first time, I could SEE the pictures weren't coming out, so instead of going for the obvious, I spent twenty minutes sitting on the bottom screwing with the settings and trying to figure out why the flash wouldn't fire. LOL. Finally frustrated, I went to reclip it, and noticed that bright red cover on the housing. D'oh!

I'm actually surprised it didn't come with the O ring already in place. When I purchased my MX10 set up it came with the O ring in place, nicely lubed up and a spare one in the box.

DrSteve:
I'm actually surprised it didn't come with the O ring already in place. When I purchased my MX10 set up it came with the O ring in place, nicely lubed up and a spare one in the box.

it was a used rig... I'm wondering if it works at all... or if the guy sold it because it had already flooded a few time :wink:

Tim

kidspot:
it was a used rig... I'm wondering if it works at all... or if the guy sold it because it had already flooded a few time :wink:

Tim
Well my MX-10 set up is up for sale if her's doesn't work.

ROTFLMAO....
On all of these... 0-rings, lens cap, both nikons v (36shots) and digital, sitting on the bottom banging the stobes back and forth..
I finally put some duct tape on the cap, folded out apx 3 inches so I can just pull it off.. AFTER seeing it of course... heheheh.. but "Been there, done that..." and will continue to.... LOL....
I'm now down to those foam beer holders for lens caps... (after loosing all the "Normal ones") and Gawd knows, I won't Take a Beer Cooler Holder down....
well not right away anyways...

Good thread, made me remember all the things I wanted to forget... LOL...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom