Potential Hurricane headed to Cozumel/Cancun/PDC/Tulum tomorrow thru Sat:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brules

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looks like Tropical Storm Claudette is geting stronger after weakening a bit this morning. Winds at 65, gusting now to 75....heres some links to follow it:

Radar Loop

Tracking Map

Strike Probability Map

It shouldn't be too bad for those going down this weekend....once it passes, the weather should be awesome!

Good luck to anyone traveling down there the next few days!!!

Brules

Claudette - the little hussy!

Is totally bumming us out - we are headed to Cozumel out of Houston Friday morning... let's hope she hurries up and heads out of there, as we were only in Coz for 4 nights...

Then I am on to Little Cayman for 4 nights, which I understand is already dealing with "Claudette" but is not having as bad a time as Jamaica is!

How will I ever do my AOW in these seas??

And if the power goes out on Cozumel - does that mean no diving, warm beer and no margaritas??

sapphire ;-0

I'm headed to Cozumel myself early Friday morning. I'm not sure what to think at this point....was really looking forward to this trip.

SeaOtter once bubbled...
I'm headed to Cozumel myself early Friday morning. I'm not sure what to think at this point....was really looking forward to this trip.

Well, maybe we will be hanging around in the airport for a while... I hate to get stuck in Houston but at least the friends I am going with live in Texas so I will have someplace to go if flights get cancelled!

Let's cross our fingers Claudette hurries up and passes over today/tonight!

sapphire :(

Well it doesn't look like it is moving to fast right now....kind of wallowing it's way to the West. Not doing much but moving slowly ever closer to the coast.

But wow, after looking at that radar loop again, it sure looks BIG!

Brules

"Claudette is moving toward the west-northwest near 16 mph
...26 km/hr...and this general motion is expected to continue for
the next 24 hours. This motion could bring the center of Claudette near or over the northeastern Yucatan Peninsula late tonight or Friday.

Maximum sustained winds have increased to near 70 mph...110
km/hr...with higher gusts. Additional strengthening is forecast
during the next 24 hours and Claudette could become a hurricane
later today or tonight."

Maybe this is a good sign for those of us going to Coz later on this year. They rarely follow the exact same path twice. Right?:huh: :tree:

I sure hope that holds true.....I will be there in 24 days! August 4th to the 11th!

I think the %'s are in my favor of fairly good weather....!

Brules

Well, we'll know more in about 35 minutes when the above links are updated with new info.....they seem to refresh every 3 hours eastern time zone.

I kind of actually hope it tracks up into the gulf and comes ashore in Texas....that way maybe we might get some dearly need heavy rain up here in Oklahoma! We are dry as a bone and could really use a good downpour.

Brules

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom