Potential Dive Site and Recommendations for College Scuba Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He didn't say what other outings the club may have planned. How do you know they don't have 10 other outings planned that are very appropriate for new divers?

I do not know. I was only commenting on the information that was given.

Last edited:
I did my fundamentals class in spring lake. Without taking a class from the dive staff you can only dive in a small limited area and it's kind of pricy. It is a very clear nice site. It was perfect for the class.

Lake Travis is not too far from there. It has a lot less visibility but is easier and cheaper to dive and has more interesting stuff scattered about underwater.

I have never dove it,even when living just a couple miles away.I go back to visit family occasionally and it still just hasn't had enough draw to get me to do it.

I thought the Aggie Dive Team was the 3 or 4 freshmen who had to dig to the bottom of the bathtub sized Yeti to get the last Shiners for the seniors.....

There is always Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terrell and Athens Scuba Park. Not a huge Wow factor, Visability is exaggerated, but there are things to do. 10-20 foot Visability lets you work on shooting a bearing and following it over longer distances with the reward being finding the boat, plane, motorcycle, or shark at the end of your bearing. Clear Springs looks like it's for sale if y'all wanted to hit up the alumni....

Clear Spring Scuba Park is "clearly" different

http://www.athensscubapark.com/home.html

It would not be a bad drive from CS, I think it was around $20 admission. Athens has a requirement about no tank fills on tanks over 20 years old. Be warned....good fills though.

It would be a bit of a drive, but a party bus road trip could generate some serious memories to the Bonne Terre mines in Missouri.

Bonne Terre Mine

Cozumel can be done cheaper than most American offshore trips as well. Hotels and diving is cheaper than almost anywhere else. Especially flying out of Houston. Holy crap, there would be some memories there!!

Do the senior Corps guys have special fins made to fit their boots?

What does Hullabaloo Kanuck Kanuck sound like through a regulator?

Do you have to kiss your dive buddy when you hit 500psi or when you surface to celebrate a successful dive?

Do you bring newspapers to read during the dive briefing if the DM is not an Aggie?

At what point during the dive do y'all do the Aggie War Cry?

Does Reville have a 4 leggged wetsuit?

So many traditions....so many questions....

Safe travels, if you need Cozumel info, pm me. One of my best friends is an Aggie, Class of 92. I'm a Tech/ASU grad. If the Dixie Chicken or Flying Tomato are still open, have a pitcher of Shiner for me!

Jay

I thought the Aggie Dive Team was the 3 or 4 freshmen who had to dig to the bottom of the bathtub sized Yeti to get the last Shiners for the seniors.....
Yes, I've heard that this is the most frequented dive site for Aggies:

927905.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom