Posting videos from youtube...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kyzzle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Okay so I have spent about two hours trying to figure out how to post a video from youtube. I want to know how to do it so that you can watch the video directley from the post without leaving the forums to see it. I have tried the "imbed" option at youtube....copy and paste into post... no good. tried the url...copy/past...no good.
tried the "CODE TAGS".... nothing... and I say all this doesn't work just because after I "preview post" I don't see the video, all I see is the imbedding code... no actual video.
What am I missing?? I have even watched youtube videos telling me how to do it, to no avail.
It really isn't all that important, but I think it's my OCD kicking in... I can't figure it out and so now I HAVE to know how to do it! Especially with a couple hours trying to figure it out.:D

If in the beginning of time, the world was filled with thousands of "me's", sometimes I wonder if I could have invented the wheel....let alone computers and technology.:shakehead:

Embedding requires the code

Link is ."http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7PaHaGNeLk"
use this

[yt]k7PaHaGNeLk[/yt]

and you get this

Ahhh... Thankyou Teamcasa! I certainly appreciate it! Now I can sleep tonight!:D

I aim to please :wink:

We also support both HQ and HD YouTube videos. Tags are:

[youtubehq] or [youtubehq]

Don't forget [vimeo] as well!

We also support both HQ and HD YouTube videos. Tags are:

[youtubehq] or [youtubehq]

Would I have to put the whole [youtubehq].... or would the affore mentioned [ythq] code work as well?

Don't forget [vimeo] as well!

Is this another video site? And substituting [vimeo] instead of the youtube?

Would I have to put the whole [youtubehq].... or would the affore mentioned [ythq] code work as well?
The whole code. It's how our s/w knows how to display the different formats. ythq won't work.
Is this another video site?
Yes - Vimeo, Video Sharing For You.
And substituting [vimeo] instead of the youtube?
Yes

All the codes with examples are listed near the bottom of this page: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode

It can be found as a link in the gray menu down the left hand side of your UserCP

It can be found as a link in the gray menu down the left hand side of your UserCP

Oh geez... THAT"S what I was looking for! And for the life of me couldn't find it. Thankyou... I was searching "how to post youtube videos" but nothing was coming up that was of any releveance to me... Thanks for the help!:)

Back
Top Bottom