posting pics in forums

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geraldp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi:

For the past couple of weeks I've been unable to post pictures in forums. I'm not sure what's going on, as I have been successful in the past. From my post I click "Manage Attachments" below, which brings up a form. From there I pick Browse..., then browse to my picture (which is less than 200kb big). Then I hit Upload. It says Uploading files, please wait. It then gives me a standard Windows Explorer message, telling me :

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

Please help, thanks.

Jerry

Are you on dialup or broadband (cable/dsl)? As a test try posting a small attachment like my avatar (right click the image, select "save picture as", save it to your desktop, and try to attach like you would normally do). It sounds like either the file upload is taking too long and timing out your browser or you have some very high security settings stopping the upload.

Tech Admin:
Are you on dialup or broadband (cable/dsl)? As a test try posting a small attachment like my avatar (right click the image, select "save picture as", save it to your desktop, and try to attach like you would normally do). It sounds like either the file upload is taking too long and timing out your browser or you have some very high security settings stopping the upload.
Yup, that seems to work. I'm on a broadband at work (T1). So somewhere in my browser preferences I either have a time-out set too short or have some security settings set too high. Got any ideas as to where to look to fix this?

Thanks,

Jerry

Tools -> Internet Options -> Security (Advanced also has some relevant settings).

hmm... I like the IMG code, but that's only do-able here...

is there a specific reason one cannot use the IMG code?

images

yeah! i am dissapointed that I couldn;t use the IMG code... thats much easier than saving it in my computer then uploading it here.

funny, when I was going to make a new post in support, there was a button that lets me do the IMG code, however when I made a post in FLA couch divers, there was no IMG tag, and I entered it manually, the image only shows up as a link...

Tech Admin:
Tools -> Internet Options -> Security (Advanced also has some relevant settings).
Tech--

I've been having the exact same problem recently. Doesn't work, with an image attachment as small as 30 KB... I thought that was well under the maximum allowed.

Your mascot-75.gif avatar attached just fine here, but it's teenie -- less than 4 KB.

I've got an ADSL 512 connection.

I'm set at Medium security level under Tools -> Internet Options -> Security... in any case, there's nothing there about uploading; nor under Advanced.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

--Marek

Marek K:
Tech--

I've been having the exact same problem recently. Doesn't work, with an image attachment as small as 30 KB... I thought that was well under the maximum allowed.

Your mascot-75.gif avatar attached just fine here, but it's teenie -- less than 4 KB.

I've got an ADSL 512 connection.

I'm set at Medium security level under Tools -> Internet Options -> Security... in any case, there's nothing there about uploading; nor under Advanced.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

--Marek
I was never successful either... I now suspect it has something to do with the firewall settings I have here at work. The problem exists on both of my work computers, but I haven't tried it yet from my home computer.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom