post-liveaboard galapagos activities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceancat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi.

I saw on a post somewhere here that someone had recommended spending a little extra time in the galapagos. Being a biologist, I would love to do that and we have a little extra time (5 days extra). Does anyone have any recommendations for what to do in the Galapagos post-dive trip? We would be up for taking a land-based cruise (to see more of the island critters) and again, if there is anyone that can recommend a guide, I do appreciate it. Thanks very much!

Check out my BLOG hotlinked below, see entry for January 1, 2007

Lots to do in the Galapagos while on land. The BLOG is my trip report from a land based dive operation, but it talks quite a bit about extra activities... turtles, caves, stuff like that.

Thank you! It was your blog I had seen before and it inspired me. We just can't decide now to spend our extra week in the Galapagos doing land-based exploration or if we should go to the mainland and explore the rainforests/volcanos, etc. We haven't been to south america before, so we are very excited.

RoatanMan, was it 100 dollars a night for both or apiece. Also we were planning on going in April 2008. Would you advise against flying into Guayaquil. One last thing, the air fare to baltra from Guayaquil, did you say it was $400?

Thanks for the ino. Nice Blog.
-Bryan

kayakguy:
RoatanMan, was it 100 dollars a night for both or apiece.

You're refering to my trip report at http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...148905954&blogMonth=1&blogDay=1&blogYear=2007

In 2002, we paid that per room, dbl occupancy. That is on the high end of what is available- but it is one of the most elegant in its simplicity.

Also we were planning on going in April 2008. Would you advise against flying into Guayaquil.

Not my favorite city. Flying through it is a non-issue.

One last thing, the air fare to baltra from Guayaquil, did you say it was $400?

Check current info, that was 2002.

Thanks for the ino. Nice Blog.
-Bryan

The BLOG has been enjoyable. The Galapagos as a land based trip I have found, after many liveaboads, to be my choice.

There's something about a warm, dry bed that isn't moving! Can't beat the price, either!

My group went to Galapagos and on the way back, we split up and did the following
1. Climbed peaks around Quito
2. Went to Peru and visited Macchu Picu (since we were in the neighborhood, it seemed like the thing to do)
3. Went to a lodge on the Equadoran Amazon.

All reported having an absolutely thrilling time.

I am going back in September and doing the Ecuadorian Amazon, probably Sacha Lodge. Looked into Maachu Pichu but between the dive gear, getting to Lima/Cuzco and time limitations, just couldn't do it

What kind of change did you need for these extra activities??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom