post all Sea Elite brand knowledge, information and experiance here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought the Sea Elite budget BC and reg set with the covert regulator upgrade. About 20-25 dives so far -- no problems at all.

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would add to the knowledge library here. We also have the SeaElite Covert regs and the Scout octopuses. One of us has the SeaElite Scout BCD, and one has the Edge Element (confirmed same BCD as the Scout, except a couple more steel D-rings and has the metal latch tank strap). We have been very happy with all of our gear.

Now, we are near the maintenance time for our regulators. Divers Supply will provide all parts needed for free, and only charges for service ($63.45 currently, for 1st, 2nd and Octo; $44.95 for just 1st and 2nd). In asking questions, I did get Divers Supply to confirm that the SeaElite Covert is basically the same regulator as the Hog D2 Classic 2.0. Hope some find this helpful.

I just wanted to report back that I'm still diving mine (my wife and I both have a set). I just got mine back from servicing and they did a good job, both sets read pretty close (138, 140) with an IP gauge and I appreciate that they included a bag with all of the orings, seats, etc that were changed out.

When I originally bought the reg sets, I did not realize they would pick up the tab for parts during servicing. This was a very nice surprise and having the regs serviced was a painless process and very affordable. Overall I'm still glad I went with Divers supply regs back in 2018.

Almost 3 years since my last post in this thread, and my son and I are still diving our SeaElite regs and BCDs that we bought in early 2019 and we are very happy with them. Have had them down below 100 feet numerous times (122 feet is deepest so far) and the SeaElite Covert balanced reg still breathes very nicely at depth with no noticeable difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom