Possum Kingdom Vis Report?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Team NUMA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We are going to Possumfest for the chili cook off this weekend. Does anybody have a current update on the diving conditions at PK?

A few weeks ago I dropped the shop owners at the scuba park an e-note asking the same question...never got a reply from them. Hope you get an answer. :wink:

Yeah. I really feel Scuba Points pain. From extreme drought to heavy floods in just days. Such is the way of life in Texas. But the bankers floating the note dont care about such things( and are NOT from Texas).

"Visibilty, I dont need no stinkin visibility. This here be a swamp. I got a compass, and Im gettin wet. Who`s with me?"

PS. I will let ya know what I "run" into.
Swamp Diver Down!

Yeah. I really feel Scuba Points pain. From extreme drought to heavy floods in just days. Such is the way of life in Texas. But the bankers floating the note dont care about such things( and are NOT from Texas).

"Visibilty, I dont need no stinkin visibility. This here be a swamp. I got a compass, and Im gettin wet. Who`s with me?"

PS. I will let ya know what I "run" into.
Swamp Diver Down!

ALRIGHT!!!!! Be safe and report back.... :wink:

Hey, some friends and I will be there (at PK) that Saturday (Nov. 13) too. We don't have plans to attend the Possumfest activities, but we have a boat and like to hit some dive areas down there in the fall. We'll compare notes with you when we get back.
Surely, the vis is as good as or better than Lake Murray last week. 2-5 feet and we still managed to have a great pair of dives. Let the good times roll!

We are leaving for PK today. I will send a report when we return. Thanks for the heads up on the Christian Divers website. I will check it out. God Bless.:angel_2::angel_2:

Great! (Both for the future vis report and checking out the CDOT site). Come share some dives with us!

Okay, I'm dying of curiosity...

How was the PK vis this past weekend?

Visibility around the point was 3' or less from surface to about 10' deep, improving to 4 or 5' below that. I would suggest at least 3ml suit. We were shore diving, and there was a great difference from one cove to the next. If you have
access to a boat, I would try the cliffs.

Scuba Point was open, and is for sale. They have a contract pending. They will move up the road and only offer boat dives after the sale is completed. They said the last few years of drought and this years floods have taken its toll.

Overall, diving a C-, weekend a A+. Very few campers, very few boaters, and alot of hungry deer. No hunting allowed on the point, so thats where the all the deer go to vacation.

Much obliged, Numa, for the report. We'll be there this weekend, and we will, indeed, be using a boat. We'll be down around Governor's Cove, and we'll probably get into Hell's Gate. I know the vis there will probably be awful, but my partners like to see what we can find in the "party spots".
Again, thanks for letting us know how it went.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom