Possible PCm Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward Son

Contributor
Reaction score
I carry one of these small lites as a backup. Last trip out my primary failed at the start of the dive, so I pulled this one out & started looking for bugs. Was working fine at depth. After looking over one bit of structure I turned it off, moved to the next bit & it wouldn't turn on. Depth was about 100 FSW.

I tried several times at various depths up to 70FSW and it just wouldn't turn on.

Then back on the boat, it worked fine. Here at home it lights up.

Is there something I can do to try on another dive to see if it repeats, or should I just send it in?

Wayward Son,

It would be best to send it in for analysis and repair.

Send to:

Ikelite Underwater Systems
50 W. 33rd St.
Indpls., IN 46208
attn. repair dept.

Turnaround time is approx. 2-3 weeks.

Regards,

the paper says "repaired". I can't tell anything different & it did work on the surface, so I dunno. I'll be diving Morrison spring saturday, I need to go into the cavern in order to try it at depth & see. Great little light, just need to be sure I can trust it again.

My UK eLED C8 did the same thing on our night dive in Fiji. My suspicion is that thermal changes may have caused the metal in either the batteries or the battery contacts to break electrical connection. Once back on the surface, the light worked just fine.

I've worked with electronics for some 33 years. It doesn't take much in the way of oxidation or contamination to cause the current to quit flowing. You wouldn't believe how many problems I've fixed by cleaning contacts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom