Positive Side Effects From Scuba Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
2. my wife thinks i look darned sexy in my drysuit. i "test" wear it ... at times... and make sure she sees me...
("that suit makes your eyes stand out....")

Hmmm... I get "that suit makes your eyes bulge out"

Ok, OK... I could stand to lose a pound or three...

I don't know if this is true but the guy who owned the dive shop where I worked told me that when they do autopsies on divers (not sure how long or how many dives it takes) that the lining between the brain and skull is a different color. Like more gray or something like that. ??

:lol: You're getting into a grey area. :wink:

Last weekend while driving home from a dive, my fiance brought up the same question. She has been working hard on bouyancy and breath control and says she can take a full breath MUCH easier now. We both came to the conclusion that diving leads to an improvement in ease of breathing and while not physically possible, makes us feel as if lung capacity has improved or perhaps the elasticity of the alveoli or something.

Bottom line, there is clearly in my mind a link between diving and improved breathing.

2 Bar:
Do you feel better breathing control is a side effect that comes with scuba diving?

I wonder if patience increases also, since everything is done slowly underwater.

What are your thoughts on this?

I find it an unconscious spontaneous response.

I actually catch my self breathing deeper when watching a TV show about diving!

I practice my skip breathing on land.

ScubaMarc:
I have some issue with my back. When my back is sore and I have a couple of good dives. My back does feel better. Also, when I go on a week long dive trip, my wife useually sees I do not complain about my back until the winter. I do not know if it is the water pressure hitting the right spots or it is the relaxsation of the dive. My personal opinion, diving does help me physically.
I know what you mean. I suffer from whiplash and I find even the pool helps my neck which is nice in the middle of winter. (Chiro and massages help but not like being submerged.)
Weird eh?

Land Locked:
Shame on you! Use up that last 500psi in the tank!

Come to think of it I have 1200 left in one of my tanks,
off to practice I go....
My DB left two of his tanks in my garage. I'm gonna go see what's in 'em still tonight. :)

pennypue:
My DB left two of his tanks in my garage. I'm gonna go see what's in 'em still tonight. :)
And practice your Darth Vador impressions? :evilo:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom