Poseidon Xstream Deep be Duration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there any reason at all to not to get the duration model first stage? I can't see the advantages of getting the deep version whatsoever.

Assuming the duration is identical to the deep aside from the use of O2 safe lubricant and o-rings, what is the point of getting the deep version at all? Can't the duration essentially do everything the deep can do and perform the same in all circumstances, but also be used safely with very hyperoxic nitrox right out of the box? They are also identical in price.

Is the duration version less suitable for trimix or something? Even if so, it seems like getting the duration and swapping parts on a service for the deep parts (if this was for some reason needed) would be "safer" than cleaning off the silicone lube from a deep first stage and swapping to duration parts for nitrox (even though it apparently doesn't matter for mixes up to EAN40).

Seems like a marketing gimmick.

What tbone said. I just bought a set-up from DGX and they assured me that the duration could do anything the deep could do including trimix perfectly well, the only difference being it is "officially" O2 clean for high O2 mix use. I do not like the lime green, so got mine in black :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom