Poseidon Odin need o2 clean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello:

I have a feeling I know what your going to tell me, but I thought I would check in. Just got Nitrox certified. Does my Poseidon Odin need o2 clean?

Thank you.

to confirm your feelings NO!
use with any mixture less than 40% oxygen does not need special treatment.

Hallmac

Ive used the Poseidon Jetstream/Odin for years with Nitrox, and I never had it O2 cleaned. In fact, the one that now lives with you!!!!!!

So, to answer your question, no, it doesnt NEED it, its just an added safety precaution. I wouldnt worry about it unless you get over 40% O2. If you are worried about it, then at the next annual service, you can have the service tech use a Nitrox service kit (Viton orings) instead of the standard buna or nitrile orings. THey will just last longer in a high O2 environment (again, not necessary for anything under 40%).

Unless you're going to O2 over 40% you're probably not going to want to use the Viton, which retails at $57 compared to the $25 or so for the regular kit.
If you're the sort that likes to go 5 years between annuals, then the Viton would be a good investment. You'll want as much in your corner as possible.
Don't forget the rabbit's foot. You get the idea. :wink:

This is what I figured... And besides, Liesure pro says it "Nitrox compatible" so it must be right.... :wink:

Thank folks. I'll wait till annual :god:

Bob3:
Unless you're going to O2 over 40% you're probably not going to want to use the Viton, which retails at $57 compared to the $25 or so for the regular kit.
If you're the sort that likes to go 5 years between annuals, then the Viton would be a good investment. You'll want as much in your corner as possible.
Don't forget the rabbit's foot. You get the idea.

I thought that Poseidon switched to viton on all their service kits about 8 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom