Poseidon MK6 try dives in St. Martin, St. Maarten, Caribbean 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teamoctopus

Registered
Reaction score
Grand Case, St. Martin, French West Indies
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Octopus Diving - Scuba Dive and Snorkel in Saint Martin / Sint Maarten St. Maarten / St. Martin had an awesome season last year with many of our regular customers taking a try dive on the Poseidon MK6 Recreational Closed Circuit Rebreather or RCCR.

This season we continue to offer the MK6 try dive as an option to our customers.

Chris is the owner of Octopus Diving and was certified on the MK6 in June 2010 he then got his Instructor status in November 2010. Chris is a highly experienced OC Instructor and has now completed around 200 extremely enjoyable dives on the MK6, with his favorite dives on the The Fuh Sheng | Octopus Diving | Scuba Dive & Snorkel Saint Martin and La Renee | Octopus Diving | Scuba Dive & Snorkel Saint Martin diving with sharks on CCR is just awesome!

The Poseidon :: Discovery MkVI is a self testing, self validating rebreather, throughout the dive you can hear the MK6 calibrating itself every 5 minutes which is extremely comforting to hear, unlike other Rebreathers where the user must control and verify PO2 at all times.
The MK6 is also very compact and light so no problems getting to and from the boat and also to travel with if you decide to buy one, remember everything in St. Martin / St. Maarten, Caribbean is TAX free!

How does the try dive work?

First email us at Contact Us | Octopus Diving | Scuba Dive & Snorkel Saint Martin to set up a date for the try dive, remember that if you have a partner or group that want to dive with you they can. The dives are to a maximum depth of 30 feet / 10 Meters in the Marine Reserves | Octopus Diving | Scuba Dive & Snorkel Saint Martin of St. Martin / St. Maarten.

Before you head to the Caribbean we ask that you go to the Poseidon MK6 website Poseidon :: Discovery MkVI and download the free user manual PDF and read the manual to get a better understanding of the component parts, terminology and what to expect to see on the Primary Display throughout the experience.

Once you arrive we first set you up in a Hogarthian Harness DIR-diver.com - Adjust the backplate, we have a few Hogarthian rigs for all sizes. Fill out paperwork and Medical forms - if you think you may have any issues contact a physician before you head to the Caribbean just be sure!

Chris will then demonstrate a full assembly and thorough explanation of how the unit works and answer all your questions. Once the MK6 is assembled and Calibrated we head into Confined water for some safety drills and a trim check. Then it's off to 2 shallow dive sites for two beautiful dives including Creole Rock | Octopus Diving | Scuba Dive & Snorkel Saint Martin and Turtle Reef | Octopus Diving | Scuba Dive & Snorkel Saint Martin.

This is a "One on One" experience with Chris | Octopus Diving | Scuba Dive & Snorkel Saint Martin and as usual he will be diving with our new Package 2 – Go Pro | Octopus Diving | Scuba Dive & Snorkel Saint Martin. The Go Pro is awesome and fit's discretely on the arm so Chris can help you with whatever you need and once you are comfortable he can capture your "Hero Shot" in 1080HD.... this thing is awesome!

If you experience any problems with the MK6 the user can easily switch to Open Circuit using the Mouthpiece and "bail out", furthermore all alarms / error messages are grounds for "bail out" only.
The feeling of diving with no bubbles is just amazing, the marine life stays around you the whole dive and you can actually become part of a shoal of fish, it's a really weird but awe-inspiring experience. Usually when you exhale on OC the fish notice you and tend to swim away - with no bubbles they stay right there!

The whole experience lasts around 5 hours and costs just $299 FULLY Inclusive. The Video is also included.
For more information or to set up a try dive email chris@octopusdiving.com

That's a GREAT OFFER guys. Thanks.

If I can get to St Martins I will DEF check it out.

USVet

Oh, do you know by chance if they ever plan on doing a Discover Day in the Miami area.

Thanks

great unit, i've thoroughly enjoyed my dives on my Mk6. sounds like a great opportunity to try rebreather diving!

I will def check it out

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom