Poseidon Jetsream 1st Stage + Xstream Octopus + Scubapro hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jifimu

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have this setup as a backup regulator with a Scubapro Air 2. Breathing on the Xstream Octopus is not smooth, describing it in my own words would be... It takes more effort to breathe, rather choppy breathing. Breathing on the Scuba Pro Air 2 is much better.

The problem persists after maintenance.

I used other second stage on the same port on the same first stage Poseidon Jetstream regulator, no problem.

I am wondering if the problem could be due to the hose? Any opinion?

Some poseidon regulators require a special (larger diameter) poseidon hose. I'm not 100% sure if Jetstream is the one but I think that it is.

Edit: I think it's cyklon that needs the special hose. You mentioned your first is Jetstream. What model is the posiedon second that you're using? Is it a cyklon?

Cyklon LP Regulator Hose (Poseidon)

pds-2946_3_1.jpg

OIC.. Xstream. Maybe the octo needs to be tuned/serviced? There are some posiedon experts on SB that will likely be along shortly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom