Poseidon Forza - opinions ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Major_Tom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I searched the net , there are not much about these fins ? Are they suitable for both wet and dry suit boots. I found that Seac Sub has pretty the same model - VELA FLEX, they look the same , are there any difference ?
Thank you

Major Tom, I was lucky to visit Salvas , the manufactor of the Poseidon fin Forza which is italian for Force. I was amazed at their low cost producing fins $ 7.50, but when I saw the robotics involved in the manufacturing process I understood how a fin was made in less than two minutes with low cost materials. They make the same model for several companies and only change the name plate for each company, with some color changes. These big injection machines did everything and they rolled the fins into a box So to answer your question the forza might be the vela flex from Seac Sub., or there might be more of the same with other names. That is how the mass merchandisers in diving make their fins, and why so many look and work the same. I call these fins "terrastric fins". Made for walking in the water.

Thank you Bob, I appreciate a lot your opinion. This spring I had a chance to try Pro Force Fin and I was amazed. There are web sites that offer the Force Fin as Poseidon Force Fin - are they the same ?

Major Tom, In the United Kingdom my Force Fin is distributed by Poseidon UK. Glad to hear you like my fins. Best Bob Evans

Major Tom, I was lucky to visit Salvas

Yes,for all intents and purposes, its the same fin, and been on the market for a few years now. I buy a lot of product from Salvas, although they are a giant in the Scuba "softs" manufacturing business, their product is generally very good and dos the job they are intended to do quite admirably.

As for their suitability, I cant see a problem, Italian manufacturers tend to use a slightly narrower footpocket model than Asian manufacturers, so it may be a good idea to fit them first, but if you cant and you intend using them with a dry suit boot, I would suggest you consider buying one size "larger" than you normally would use, just to be safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom