poseidon extreme or apeks black pearl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
guys im a very satisfied owner of a poseidon extreme reg, have been using mine without problems. i am getting my girl either an extreme or the black pearl. i have no prior experience with apeks so im basing my buying decisions on the few testimonials i have read. having a difficult time to decide.

there is no issue for me regarding the servicing of my poseidon reg as there is a service center here. i have ulterior motives in getting her the black pearl because this was my first choice before i got the poseidon extreme and i can borrow it in the future if i decide to get it :crafty: :crafty:

any of you guys have experience with both? need to decide fast.

IMHO, Black Pearl is nice but pointless—get a regular ATX200 (I’m very happy with mine).

Just from a servicing/spares/familiarity point of view, it might make more sense if you both use the Xtreme.

Black Pearl isn't pointless. Is a super paintjob on a hotrod pointless??? :wink:

It's a great reg and pretty too.

Vie:
IMHO, Black Pearl is nice but pointless—get a regular ATX200 (I’m very happy with mine).

Just from a servicing/spares/familiarity point of view, it might make more sense if you both use the Xtreme.

im more than ok with paying a little more for the xtras. servicing is not a factor as the apeks service center is near my office.

and i honestly like the look of the black pearl, may be the same as the atx200 but it sure looks worlds apart and thats makes a huge impact on my decision :10:

Al Mialkovsky:
Black Pearl isn't pointless. Is a super paintjob on a hotrod pointless??? :wink:

It's a great reg and pretty too.

i agree! have you had any problems with free flows?

Fair enough.

No free flows and I often dive in water below 40 degrees. If it's tuned correctly it works perfectly.

Funny how such an expensive reg can really take off. I had 7 of my former students purchase Black Pearls last month. All I had to do was allow them to borrow mine in the pool. I had them lay on their backs, upside down, all those tricks and the breathing was still perfect.

Sure it's a 200 but it's a beautiful 200 :)

Al Mialkovsky:
No free flows and I often dive in water below 40 degrees. If it's tuned correctly it works perfectly.

Funny how such an expensive reg can really take off. I had 7 of my former students purchase Black Pearls last month. All I had to do was allow them to borrow mine in the pool. I had them lay on their backs, upside down, all those tricks and the breathing was still perfect.

Sure it's a 200 but it's a beautiful 200 :)

hope those tricks work with my extreme or im trading with my girl:)

Your Xtreme should perform the tricks better as it has a side-exhaust 2nd stage.

When it was time for my fiance to get new regs, we went with XTremes. No matter what I do to those regs, they simply...do...not...fail.

I've dove them in/on wrecks in the great lakes, on reefs, on deco, deep, cold, in caves...it doesn't matter where, they work. We've even come up from diving in frozen rivers with them coated in a half inch of ice (31f water temps...) and they still were going strong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom