Question Poseidon Besea W100 bladder replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
D

DeepBlueDog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I’ve have a Poseidon Besea W100 with a 12L steel twinset. Had this wing for 15 years. I haven’t used it for 18 month and was setting it up. Inflated it and left it to sit as a test. Good thing I did because in 10 min the bladder leaked along the seam. So I wrote to Poseidon asking to buy a new badder. But alas they no longer make the W100 bladders. They now have the One Wing 50 and say that the badder from that wing will not fit into the W100. Although Poseidon say that the One Wing 50 is not rated for a 12L twinset I think there is plenty of lift in the wing. But I really don’t want to drop €400 on a brand new wing when all I need is a new bladder. I have seen a youtube video of a guy in South Africa who made a new bladder for the W100 by gluing PVC sheets but I don’t feel brave enough to trust that.

So my question to the members here. Would anyone know if there is somewhere to get a new W100 bladder or if they have any experience of fitting a bladder from another manufacturer. And in that same vain does anyone have experience of using a One Wing 50 bladder, which seems to be the same as Besea W50, even have the same part number, bladder, into the W100 shroud.

In essence I’m seeking advise how to keep using my perfectly good Besea W100. Apart from making my own bladder.

Thank you all in advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom