Portland area diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dherbman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm going to be in Portland on Friday and Saturday and would love to get a dive or two in. I'm clueless as to what sites are available in the area. Any suggestions? Better yet, it would be great to dive with someone familiar with the area.

Dave

Most Portland divers drive up to the puget sound for local diving. Only a few will dive sites on the Oregon coast. The southern Oregon coast would probably be a good choice for you. Port Orford come to mind.

In Washington, the Hood Canal has some good shore dives and an excellent dive boat charter, Pacific Adventure. www.pacadventure.com

Bandito Charters, out of Tacoma, is also a good choice. There are some decent shore dives in and around Tacoma as well.

Not much diving in the Portland area, the nearest dives are in the Tillamook area on the coast.

Ah well, I knew there was something I didn't like about that place besides the traffic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom