Porta Bote?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bober99

Contributor
Reaction score
I found a great deal on a porta bote (porta-bote.com) and will probably buy one. Has anyone had any experience with diving? I figure it can't be that bad as I'm use to diving off a kayak and this will be a big step up. I'm primarily moving up so I can go out with multiple buddies that don't want to paddle. Furthermore, I spearfish a lot and think this boat will hold our guns and catch a lot better than a kayak. Any experience with this? Thanks!

What is the reason for the fold flat capability? In your case is that necessary? If the answer is yes than by all means go with it, but if it isn’t necessary why don’t you just get a regular dingy?

You should love it. We have had a 10' for about 10 years now. Used it as our tender, snorkling & dive boat, towboat, etc. We carry 4 tanks and all our gear with no problems; once you get used to boarding from the water (easiest by middle seat) it's a pretty good dive boat.
We leave dive flag in boat and tow it along on the surface.
Enjoy.

I have a 12 footer. I have never dove with it but I would think it's soft sides would make boarding tough. Mo betta a blow up kinda boat IMHO.

I used one every day for more than two years when I lived on my trimaran.
I found it to be a reasonably good rowboat, a so-so sailboat and a great small powerboat.
No problem diving from it once you get used to the technique.

Very durable boats.

Back
Top Bottom