Port Lambton Drift Sunday morning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryshannon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We were at the Ribfest last night enjoying 54/40 (excellent concert) and decided that this Sunday we would meet at Port Lambton for a drift down river. We are planning on meeting downtown at the park @ 12:00 pm from there we will take a truck with everyone North approx 1.5 km. and start the drift there. This is a pretty good drift with lots of older Bottles to be found and maybe see some Sturgeons. After the dive those who are interested we are going to take the Ferry across to Marine City and have a dinner at Anita's Bring your Passports if you are crossing.

Hey Ray,

What park are you talking about. I think I should be able to make this but am not sure where I am going. Also, what time do you expect to be heading over for dinner. I would like to have my wife and daughter come but need to let them know when and where to meet me.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Brian : We ended up at Anitas when we left Port Lambton, Sorry I didn't check this until after the drift. I hope you had a good time drifting Port Lambton, Its a little less current and sometimes you can see some pretty neat stuff. We park our cars at Sombra & walk on to the Ferry, Anitas is within walking distance from the Customs office in Marine City to the North approx 1 block. We ended up there until near 5:00 pm it's Canadian at Par every Sunday there so its a pretty good deal. We should do it again one Sunday hopefully the vis is a little better then we had yesterday although you were in our sites the whole drift !!!!

Hey Ray: Sounds like you guys had a great time. Despite a little bit of poor vis I thought it was a great dive and am looking forward to doing it again. When over in the US have you tried GARS? I am sure you have and cdn at par is pretty tough to beat, hopefully I can come for a beer next time too.:coke:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom