Poor Nights - Day Tripping or Live Aboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and that, my friend, will be your loss :wink:
re the cost, you just need to look at a map of the world to see how far you have to travel to get here, a pity but the reality :shakehead:
I take my chance.
BTW, it is far easier to fly to NZ than getting to Bikini Atoll from HK via Manila, Guam and at least 3-4 stops + 24 hrs boat journey.

Thank you for the useful information.
An all inclusive 2 wks diving trip to NZ + flight should set me back around US$5,000.00.
Well, I think I will blow it on Bikini Atoll before it is close down again.
Could I make a suggestion ol son?--ahh being a kiwi Im gonna anyways.
Book and pay for your tickets now but just sit back and wait awhile before spending on the rest of the trip.
Why?--The kiwi dollar is the strongest its been against the greenback in I dunno how long. it WILL dive again (pardon the double entendre) as we get close to the uncertainty caused by our election in a few weeks.
I must also say september /october THIS year MAY be a pretty busy time for dive operators. Everyone is getting set up for the Rugby world cup. Best way to describe this is its like the the superbowl but allthe games are in 3 ballparks around NZ (mostly Auckland) and the games are held over just one month.

I am not a economist/politician so I really do not understand the reason(s) behind the strenght of Kiwi $.
As for rugby, a game was shown live here last weekend and judgeing by the cheers in the bars there were more Wallabies supporters than the All Black in HK !!! No offense.
Last set foot in the country in 1991 so I hope I can return within next couple of yrs.

Last edited:
I take my chance.
BTW, it is far easier to fly to NZ than getting to Bikini Atoll from HK via Manila, Guam and at least 3-4 stops + 24 hrs boat journey.
hmm that is a problem, so you think spending a couple of days just travelling to be cheaper than getting there in 12hrs and using your time actually diving. I can see when you say you are not an economist that you are not exaggerating:wink:
Not offended by the number of Aussies in HK, that would have been the Super 15 final, not a test match. the aussie record in test matches isnt so hot, which is why there would have been some yelling last week end lol

hmm that is a problem, so you think spending a couple of days just travelling to be cheaper than getting there in 12hrs and using your time actually diving. I can see when you say you are not an economist that you are not exaggerating:wink:
The basic cost for the liveaboard to Bikini Atoll for next yr is US$5,600.00, O2 and He are extra. The flight(2011) is at least US$1,500.00. So I would not expect to see any change for US$US$8,000.00.
I can come to NZ any time but diving at Bikini Atoll is something else.
It has nothing to do with money!!!!
As long as it is NOT England winning it, I don't really care about the Rubgy World Cup. If I have to pick one/two then it will be the Ireland and Springbok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom