pony/stage bottle rentals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snobeach

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if it's possible to rent a pony bottle when travelling? I am real hesitant to start carrying one in my luggage, but would happily buy the 2nd reg, gauges, etc. that I would need once I get there. Anyone have experience with this? Thanx.

I've seen them on the price list for a couple of Carribean shops. I have not rented them.

I don't know the size or configuration of the bottles that were for rent. You might want to check that out first. In particular, check on size, the type of valve and how the bottle mounts to your rig. It would kinda stink if you showed up with your LP DIN first stage pony reg (what I use for deco bottles) and all they had were yolks).

Maybe 1 out of 100 places will have such things for rent. If you're planning on using it for a stage/deco bottle, call ahead. If the shop is tech related maybe. If you're planbning on using it as a "pony", best bet is monitoring your SPG better.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom