Pony rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you try Sea Sports? They're right on the water, just down from "Tourism Village."

I don't see Pony Bottles on their equipment rental list but it's worth a shot to contact them.

Most unlikely they'll have them. I have over 100, but no longer rent them out since I closed my technical dive centre. About the only place in Belize (the country) you're likely to find pony bottles now is Belize Diving Services, on Caye Caulker.

I might add that before I was prepared to rent one out, I'd want to know that you had the appropriate credentials and had a proper purpose in mind. If you don't know what I mean then you don't have proper credentials.

I'd leave contacting them until next week, as this week they're at DEMA.

You can fly your own, you know. Always have mine and it's almost time for its second hydro.

Depending what you want it for, you can simply use a side-slung standard tank. I've often done that on liveaboards. Just be sure you have a band that will fit a wide range of tank sizes, a sling, and (of course) a suitable regulator. If it's an aluminum tank, you'll want to mount a lead weight on another band somewhere near the bottom to stop the tank riding up when it's nearing empty.

Most unlikely they'll have them. I have over 100, but no longer rent them out since I closed my technical dive centre. About the only place in Belize (the country) you're likely to find pony bottles now is Belize Diving Services, on Caye Caulker.

I might add that before I was prepared to rent one out, I'd want to know that you had the appropriate credentials and had a proper purpose in mind. If you don't know what I mean then you don't have proper credentials.

I'd leave contacting them until next week, as this week they're at DEMA.

Thanks for all your comments. I decided to get the 6cf H20ddyssey and bring it to my trip. It sucks I can pay $20 extra and get the 12cf bottle. But I traveling with it is just too cumbersome. So I would rather get something smaller I will actually carry on a flight.

The reason why I wanted one is I will be on a liveaboard in Belize. None of my usual buddies are coming with me and I am not sure what I am going to get on the boat. So I would rather have one in case my buddy swims off.

I gave up carrying tanks on planes years ago. On the boat you could simply get another standard tank (which will be an aluminum 80) and put your hardware on it, then carry it as a sideslung. I've done that countless times. And that would be a decent size. I really can't see the point in carrying a 6cu.ft tank, either on the plane or on a dive. Might as well use a "Spare Air".

Get the 12 cf. It's not that much more to pack. I have carried a 19 on many trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom