Pony Bottle Support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowbear:
Did it answer your question(s)?
Yes it did actually, thank you....I sort of got off track there

You know, it never fails to amaze me - ever since the Compuserve days, it's always the same things: Mask on forehead, Force Fins and Spare Air.

I suppose it's probably fairly amazing how many things divers generally do agree on.

Scubatooth:
Terry

the link you provided is un useable as there are many ded links and little information.

Yeah, they're apparently much better machinists that web developers.

The site really isn't down, so much as broken. I don't think it works unless you're using Internet Exploder and have ********** enabled.

but the important thing to remeber is that in any planning you need a get a bottle that will provide what you need to bail out plus 15%. so take the deepest depth you plan to dive to write that number down , then take your average SAC rate and add 50% or double it , then use a 30Ft a minute ascent rate to 15 feet for a saftey stop, but as a saftey factor add 2 minutes at depth to recognize, sort out and bail out.

That should do it, although I suspect most people would have their eyes glued to the pony bottle guage and speed things up a bit if it looked like the tank would empty before they hit the surface. :cool:

Terry

Now that's facinating.

The messageboard thinks J A V A S C R I P T is a dirty word and replaced it with asterisks.

Terry

Web Monkey:
Yeah, they're apparently much better machinists that web developers.

The site really isn't down, so much as broken. I don't think it works unless you're using Internet Exploder and have ********** enabled.

That should do it, although I suspect most people would have their eyes glued to the pony bottle guage and speed things up a bit if it looked like the tank would empty before they hit the surface. :cool:

Terry

Hi there...

Well dont wanna sound like mr.noitall BUT...

1. Pony tanks are in my opinion a waste of money unless they are at least 5ltr and hung on your side where u can easily reach it

2. A pony tank on yor back is quite difficult to reach

3. Try getting to the surface from 60m or in an overhead situation with deco obligations on anything less than 10 ltr tank can be a poker game

4.remember there is normal breathing mode & the **** has hit the fan breathing mode (normally is 100bar in 10 mins when you dont panic! )

Instead of getting a pony , why dont u...

1. get a double tank valve and connect another 1st stage and a reg like an cheaP ol reliable mk2 and an r190

This will solve the reg failure issue.
OUT OF GAS issue is another matter and depends on the depth of the dive and deco obligations
and for 40m plus dives I would recommend slinging a 10ltr and not a pony

Have Fun !!

my 0.2 is that you shouldfind PVC piping what fits the pony bottle, screw woode bottom into the bottom andreinforce with ductape ductape the top of it with the tank in just around the edge of the bottom of the valve, if you ish to do so as i ve seen many people do, drill somemore holesthrough the sides to let the water through easyier and drill a hole at the top so the you can attach a karabiner or a clip, see the pic, you attach this a bit like a sideslung

Dive Couple asked on how to DIY a pony mount.. So far all he/she got was a bunch of crap that has nothing to do with making a pony mount. I have been reading post after post and all I see is arguing.. All he/she wanted to know was how to fabricate the mount. Not whether or not she needed the bottle or not..... Keep it DIY here people.... enough bickering and B***ching on which is better or not.............

My Suggestion for DIY Bracket is take a look at what different shops have to offer, take a note on what it looks like, what sort of materials you need/don't need and try and fabricate the design.... The coat hanger Idea seems like a good idea and seems like it would work.. <need a picture to help with fabrication> Good Luck..

There are a few other threads on here that do deal with creating a mounting bracket. Have a look at them. As well.. when I find the DIY link I missed placed I will PM you Dive Couple.... Take care and happy/ safe diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom