pompano boat ramps ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idive2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'll be meeting a couple friends that will be bringing their boat and they were
wondering where the best ramp would be, closer to the hillsboro inlet would be best as we hope to be able to get out into open water for some possible diving.
I seem to remember a little park off of a canal just west of the IC. I was thinking
14th st. maybe 16th ? east of federal but cant remember if it was in lauderdale or
pompano, thanks for any info you may have.

There is a pubic ramp south of Sample. Don't know the exact directions as I never drove there. Hope this helps a little

From Pompano drive north to the next bridge and take a left across it. The park is on the right.

It's in Alsdorf Park off NE 14th Street - make sure you pay the $5.00 for parking unless you enjoy paying parking tickets.

We went diving on a friend's boat about a month ago. First we tried to launch from Pioneer Park in Deerfield but it was closed for some town event. Then we went to Alsdorf. Launching was no problem but watch the tides ! Getting that boat out of the water, on the slick coral surface, at low tide, using his very large Suburban was a real challenge. Forget about helping out with the gas, I tried to help out with the tires...

Also, it was interesting that the car with the trailer gets to park for $5 for the day but if you have any other additional vehicle you pay by the minute (or 12 minute segment).

As for diving - there are alot of great sites within minutes of the inlet.

ok, alsdorf, that's the one i was thinking of on ne 14th st, I'll find it. I'll keep
the others in mind also, pioneer park deerfield and possible ramp south of sample,
thanks !

lhpdiver:
We went diving on a friend's boat about a month ago. First we tried to launch from Pioneer Park in Deerfield but it was closed for some town event. Then we went to Alsdorf. Launching was no problem but watch the tides ! Getting that boat out of the water, on the slick coral surface, at low tide, using his very large Suburban was a real challenge. Forget about helping out with the gas, I tried to help out with the tires...

yeah, i know what your saying on some of these slick ramps. kickin' in for gas is one thing but a couple suburban tires that's an expensive launch !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom