Polynesia Master

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shmuggy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have any feedback they can share on this boat?
Also, I see if I do not have an AOW cert- I can only go to 85'- would this be an issue for the dive area?

It has been a long time ... but I have been to Rangiroa land based. They treated PADI certified divers as lesser divers than NAUI at the time. So a PADI diver would need AOW to go below 85', but a NAUI diver would only need the basic certification.

The diving was great. The best dives were through the cuts with the tide coming in (they would not let you dive the cuts with the tide going out). Very strong current, lots of sharks. There were times when it would be preferred to go deep to get so you get get to schooling sharks that wanted to stay in deeper/colder water - however, if they limit you to 85' it will still be great diving!

There is a thread on the fourth page of these listings with reviews of that boat. Last posting was about a year ago. I'll try and post a link to the thread.

FRENCH POLYNESIA MASTER LIVEABOARD

Back
Top Bottom