Polly Tapson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawson

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what did happen to Polly Tapson.
After following in the footsteps of the Starfish enterprise team for so many years this saddening event is clouded by mystery.

Was there ever an answer to this question (sorry, I know the thread is nearly 6 years old).

The only thing I ever found online was this cryptic comment in an interview with John Chatterton:

John Chatterton

Goggle Polly Tapson got this:
Starfish - Technical Diving

During 1999 Polly Tapson became very ill, and in the summer of 2000 she tragically died. Her funeral marked a sad occasion in the history of the team and Polly's firm leadership will always be missed.

Funny that I was asking the same question six years later too:

from divernet.com

Spare a thought for the woman who pioneered technical diving in the UK. Polly Tapson's groundbreaking expeditions to the liner Lusitania in 1994 and '95 set both the UK and US diving communities alight. After a serious bend, she had to abandon deep diving, and went into film-making, producing Swept From The Sea with Vincent Perez and Rachel Weisz in 1997. It's a romantic story with a shipwreck - but no, it's not Titanic.She died in hospital in 2000 after a suicide attempt. For someone who contributed so much to the advancement of diving in the UK, she has been all but expunged from history.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom