• I do nothing, I thrust the blenders mix to be ok

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I admit to have used a NITROX tank, with out analyzed it

Votes: 37 15.4%
  • I ALWAYS analyze my self

Votes: 200 83.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only thing marking my nitrox tanks is a strip of duct tape listing MOD, date, percentage.

In this thread I earlier stated that I'd never seen EAN in unmarked tanks and I would consider it criminally irresponsible to do so. Well this weekend I went diving with an operator with whom I've dived many times over the last 10 years and I was surprised to see the attached. 39% in unmarked tanks except for a strip of crepe tape and I observed that the divers using the tanks were often coming back from the dives with the tape missing and over half a tank of pressure remaining. So even after the dilution from topping off the tanks with air, the next unsuspecting (air) diver will be getting a hot fill. When I complained about the lack of tank markings it was shrugged off with the answer that they rarely do any deep dives so it wasn't an issue. :shakehead:

:no:
I always analyze tanks before leaving the shop. I'm not a fan of "trust-me" dives. We normally hear about those in the accidents thread.

I'll go with if your gonna mark your tanks .. at least use something that doesn't peal off during the dive :huh:

The shop where I get my fills analyzes it right in front of me so I know what I'm getting. I never do it myself.

i recently did a dive without testing my tanks. the first day i tested my tank with my cheapo. it was +/- .2 from the tank tag. the fillers fills a dozen tanks at once. so when the others in the group tested thiers i accepted thier test as my own as it was the same batch of air in both tanks. totally smart , of course not. nothing is totally. statisticly probable that my gas is ok yes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom