Poll: How many tanks do you own? Rec or tek? Boat Owner?

How many cylinders do you own?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the goal was to find out how many tanks the average SB user owns, I wonder after this display how many people who do not own any tanks are willing to step in and say so. I would say that the true average SB user who does not have industrial tanks and a booster taking up all usable space in the garage is probably pretty intimidated at this point.

I'd say this sort of polls have such a selection bias that they're basically meaningless as anything other than discussion piece. :D

lemme see.

8 lp95s
1 hp 30
1 19cf pony.

Rec diver.

My wife and I each have an AL80 and my best friend has a 73steel and 2 super 100's that I can borrow(since I usually pay for the hydro and vis on 'em). We have a 20' party barge with no furniture on it, 2 aluminum tool boxes and bag chairs. It has a 3X4' platform that stows underneath and swings out between the pontoons for a staging area.

I own none at the moment. However I'm really considering getting a twin set of faber 7L 300 bar. But I'm not to sure due to the HP squeeze that comes with 300 cylinders

None, for the Pool they belong to the club. All my diving is in Tenerife where the cost of a dive includes air or nitrox and lead.

The reason I own so many is that I teach private classes and don't want the hassle of renting tanks all the time.

I am also missing the 15+ checkbox:

8 twinsets (2x12L), two of which are permanently in Spain
5 7L alutanks, one in Spain (for solo/tec diving with the twins)
2 11L alutanks
4 10L300bar
2 Argon bottles
1 DAN oxygen bottle

I am just a private amateur, no teaching. But I like the idea of extended weekends without needing to refill in between. Though, I do have a Bauer compressor as well.

For cave diving I would like to invest in twin 18Ls, but I am not sure I could then manage the topside logistics.

Last edited:
I currently own 5 (2 HP 133s, 2 AL77s, 1 AL30) but I had 8 AL77s but traded 6 of them for the HPs.

Have considered a set of HP100s because the 133s are just a little big and heavy for alot of dives and the HP100s seem to be a good start for doubles if (probably when) i do in the future.

Back
Top Bottom