Police Harassment!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
So here I am, minding my own business, making a nice little dive at the local pond, and some cop comes along and puts a TOW AWAY Notice on my truck! I was parked legally - at least I think I was... But who cares, the rules don't apply to me anyway.

So the notice says they're going to tow my truck away right now! How about that.

He didn't even have the nerve to sign his name, just, "You Know Who."

The neighbors don't like us divers on their beach, so obviously this cop is on the take.

I suppose the fine is a Greek dinner!

:D

I would say you were lucky to get off with just a warning.

You know you are parked illegally when you see your car descend past you at 100'.

All four tires could have been flattened while he analyzed your tires to make sure there was in fact "tire filler" in them.

He could have had your car towed and parked behind your LDS.

He could have tested out that new batch of ammo by firing in the general direction of your bubbles.

He could have opened your door and filled that long awaited hot thermos with some other liquid.

Worst yet: he could have graffiti'd up your car with slogans like "DIR GO HOME!"

Yes Rick I would say it could have been much, much worse. :D:D:D

Rick Inman:
So here I am, minding my own business, making a nice little dive at the local pond, and some cop comes along and puts a TOW AWAY Notice on my truck!
Did you see the cop? Might be one of the 'neighbors' who got hold of a pad and is trying to discourage divers. Doesnt look like a cop filled it out to me. Just a guess.

Of course, if you have a running battle with someone and really 'you know who' that would be a different story. Then I would take it up with a superior.

Willie

Don't worry WW - those two are friends of a different mother.:D

Funny it looks like the ticket I once got from a State Trooper friend of mine when he saw my car parked at river. It said something about the fact that I was being cited for not inviting a certain kayaking friend to go boating with me.:D

OE2X:
I would say you were lucky to get off with just a warning.

You know you are parked illegally when you see your car descend past you at 100'.

All four tires could have been flattened while he analyzed your tires to make sure there was in fact "tire filler" in them.

He could have had your car towed and parked behind your LDS.

He could have tested out that new batch of ammo by firing in the general direction of your bubbles.

He could have opened your door and filled that long awaited hot thermos with some other liquid.

Worst yet: he could have graffiti'd up your car with slogans like "DIR GO HOME!"

Yes Rick I would say it could have been much, much worse. :D:D:D
LOL!!!!!

Please.... don't give him any ideas!

(Oh man, OE2X...that was too funny.)

24.gif

Well, I'm guessing that he will have a few choice "ideas" of his own to use on you in the future. After all he has fired the first "shot" in the upper pan handle feud.

Oh, no... I surrender! I am wayyyyyyyy out numbered. You know, he would have already posted here, except he's still out cruising around looking for trouble. I know he's out working 'cause the Crispy Cream closed at 10pm.

You might want to be careful about tossing the Crispy Cremes around. Next time you go diving he might:

Call your wife and say "Mrs Inman this is Officer Gary. Ricks buddy has been rescued and we are starting our search for your husband."

Pull a "Warhammer" in your general area.

Decide that your dive site is a perfect place to do surface search patterns with the departments new high speed rescue boat.

Let the fire fighters try out the new high GPM water pumps directly above you during your safety stop.

Decide that EAN 32% had narcotic effects on you. Then put you in the detox tank for 24 hours with a burly drunk who thinks you are only slightly nicer than the girlfriend he just beat up.

Call the SWAT team and tell them that there are reports of two guys dressed all in black lugging silver looking bombs down to the waters edge.

Yes Rick I would be very careful who you say is munching those deco pills in that small town of yours. :D

wet-willie:
Did you see the cop? Might be one of the 'neighbors' who got hold of a pad and is trying to discourage divers. Doesnt look like a cop filled it out to me. Just a guess.

Of course, if you have a running battle with someone and really 'you know who' that would be a different story. Then I would take it up with a superior.

Willie
I have to agree with you. Those neighbors just think they own the lake and the public roadway.

When they were diving I was at the WhiteHouse eating a great dinner with my reserve who had never been there. Well, we were after handling a lost billfold and a serious accident on the highway that ISP took.

Must have just made it to Krispy Kream, wow that was close.

Who had the bright light on the dive? :D

I admit to nothing, nothingggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D Only one person, oops, nobody saw me do it so it wasn't me. So there. (garlic burp) :D

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom